Affiliate(s): Anthropology, Economics, International Studies, Southwestern Historical Association, Southwestern Political Science Association, Southwestern Social Science Association, Southwestern Social Work Association, Southwestern Sociology Association, Women's and Gender Studies
The SSSA Council is pleased to announce availability of student travel grants for our 2021 Centennial
Annual Meeting in New Orleans. We will award up to twenty (20) grants in the amount of $300 each, with at least one (1) award provided to an attendee in each of our affiliates (identified as the primary affiliate on the student’s membership file).
Deadline to apply is March 1. Winners will be notified by March 11, and they will be recognized during the Annual Meeting’s award ceremonies and presidential reception.
To qualify, a student must meet these requirements:
• Be a member of the SSSA
• Register for the Annual Meeting
• Have a paper or poster accepted for presentation at the Annual Meeting
To apply, a student needs to submit:
• 2022 Annual Meeting Student Travel Grant Application (in Word format)
• A current curriculum vita
• A short (one paragraph) statement of need (on the application form)
• A short letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the work.
Email all materials to email@example.com.