- 2021 Annual Meeting
- 2021 Call for Papers
- 2021 Hotel Information
- 2021 Student Travel Grants
SSSA Council closing out our 💯th Annual Meeting ... See MoreSee Less
Congratulations to our new president Israel Nandamundi, and a huge THANK YOU to Cynthia Cready for her outstanding leadership over this challenging year and a half. ... See MoreSee Less
#SSSA2021 is underway in New Orleans and online, our first-ever hybrid conference. ... See MoreSee Less
So far, so good!!
Going to #SSSA2021 online or in New Orleans? Registered yet? Today’s the deadline for early bird registration. www.eventbrite.com/e/southwestern-social-science-association-2021-centennial-annual-meeting-ticke... ... See MoreSee Less
Time stlll remains to register for the #SSSA2021 Annual Meeting in New Orleans and online! Join us or “join” us as we begin Breaking Boundaries in a New Century. www.eventbrite.com/e/southwestern-social-science-association-2021-centennial-annual-meeting-ticke... ... See MoreSee Less
Those attending #SSSA2021 either virtually or live will soon be offered an orientation on how to use our online meeting platform. Be watching your email and our social media feeds for information on dates and on where to find the orientation later on-demand. ... See MoreSee Less
SSSA Officer Position: Treasurer.
The SSSA Council will elect a Treasurer at the 2021 Centennial Annual Meeting in New Orleans. Members of the SSSA, in good standing, are eligible for consideration for the Officer position of Treasurer; a member of the Executive Committee and SSSA Council. Those interested and willing to serve SSSA in this capacity should send the following, addressed to the chair, Nominations Committee:
-A statement of interest in serving as SSSA Treasurer. [The current Treasurer is eligible to serve another term!]
-A brief CV highlighting pervious/continuing service to SSSA and /or Affiliate organizations.
Please submit the above not later than March 16, 2021, to: email@example.com.
Position description/duties: Treasurer. The Treasurer, or designee, shall have the following duties:
• a) Keep and maintain, or cause to be kept and maintained, adequate and correct accounts of the properties and business transactions of the Association;
• b) Ensure the books of account are open to inspection by any Council Member or Member at all reasonable times;
• c) Ensure a financial statement is provided to the Executive Committee, Council, and Membership at their respective meetings;
• d) Provide a report of the Association's financial affairs at meetings of the Executive Committee, Council, and Members and/or when requested by a Council Member or Member;
• e) Ensure appropriate oversight and implementation of the financial policies and procedures;
• f) Have such other powers and duties as may be prescribed by the Council or these Bylaws; and,
• g) Serve as Treasurer for a term of three (3) years. ... See MoreSee Less