Austin 2020 Centennial Annual Meeting Student Travel Grants
The SSSA Council is pleased to announce availability of student travel grants for our 2020 Centennial Annual Meeting in Austin. We will award up to ten (10) grants in the amount of $300 each, with at least one (1) award provided to an attendee in each of our affiliates (identified as the primary affiliate on the student’s membership file).
Honorees will be recognized during the Presidential Plenary Session at the Centennial Annual Meeting.
Full application details will be posted here as they become available.
To qualify, a student must meet these requirements:
- Be a member of the SSSA
- Register for the Annual Meeting
- Have a paper or poster accepted for presentation at the Annual Meeting
To apply, a student needs to submit:
- The travel grant application form (which will be posted when available)
- A current curriculum vita
- A short (one paragraph) statement of need (on the application form)
- A short letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the work.
Email inquiries to email@example.com.
San Diego 2019 Annual Meeting Travel Grant Awardees
Nicardo McInnis (Economics, Georgia State University)
Sarah Riva (History, University of Arkansas)
Mbuli Clodine (International Studies, University of Buea and University of Regina)
Hajer Al-Faham (Political Science, University of Pennsylvania)
Furkan Cakmak (Political Science, Washington State University)
Christopher Ponce (Social Work, Cal Poly Pomona)
Alonso Aravena Mendez (Sociology, Baylor University)
Annette Donald (Sociology, Westminster College)
Brennan Miller (Sociology, Kent State University)
Yeh Yu-Man (Women/Gender Studies, Graduate Institute of National Development, National Taiwan University)