Affiliate(s): Anthropology, Economics, International Studies, Southwestern Historical Association, Southwestern Political Science Association, Southwestern Social Science Association, Southwestern Social Work Association, Southwestern Sociology Association, Women's and Gender Studies
The SSSA Council is pleased to announce availability of student travel grants for our 2023 Annual Meeting in Fort Worth. We will award up to twenty (20) grants in the amount of $300 each, with at least one (1) award provided to an attendee in each of our affiliates (identified as the primary affiliate on the student’s membership file).
Honorees will be recognized during the Presidential Plenary Session at the Annual Meeting.
Due date: February 22
Winners will be announced March 3
To qualify, a student must meet these requirements:
- Be a member of the SSSA
- Register for the Annual Meeting
- Have a paper or poster accepted for presentation at the Annual Meeting
To apply, a student needs to submit:
- 2023 Annual Meeting Student Travel Grant Application
- A current curriculum vita
- A short (one paragraph) statement of need (on the application form)
- A short letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the student’s work.
Email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.