Affiliate(s): Anthropology, Economics, International Studies, Southwestern Historical Association, Southwestern Political Science Association, Southwestern Social Science Association, Southwestern Social Work Association, Southwestern Sociology Association, Women's and Gender Studies
The SSSA Council will elect a Secretary and a General Program Director at the 2022 [Centennial] Annual Meeting in San Antonio, TX. Members of the SSSA, in good standing, are eligible for consideration for the Officer position of Secretary and of General Program Director; both are members of the Executive Committee and SSSA Council. Those interested and willing to serve SSSA in these capacities should send the following, addressed to the Chair, Nominations Committee:
-A statement of interest in serving as SSSA Secretary or SSSA General Program Director. [The current holders are eligible to serve another term!]
-A brief CV highlighting previous/continuing service to SSSA and /or Affiliate organizations.
Please submit the above not later than March 25, 2022, to: email@example.com.
Secretary. The Secretary, or designee, shall have the following duties:
- Give notice of all meetings of the Executive Committee, Council, and Membership as required by these Bylaws or by law;
- Keep a book of minutes of all meetings of the Executive Committee, Council, and Membership with the time and place of holding, whether regular or special, and, if special, how authorized, the notice given, the names of those present at the meetings, the number present or represented at meetings, the proceedings thereof and, verification of those present via approved alternate means of communication;
- Sign the minutes of the meetings and ensure such minutes are available for approval at the following meeting of the Executive Committee, Council, or Membership;
- Exhibit at all reasonable times, upon the request of a Council Member or Member, these Bylaws, Council Book, and the minutes of the proceedings of the Executive Committee, Council, or Membership;
- Keep, or cause to be kept, at the principal office all documents required for public inspection by the Internal Revenue Service;
- Deposit the Association’s records in the Association’s archival collection at the Southwest Collection, Texas Tech University;
- Keep, or cause to be kept, a record of the names of Executive Committee Members, Council Members, Officers and Members with the addresses at which such individuals/entities are to receive notice;
- Have such other powers and duties as may be prescribed by the Council or these Bylaws; and,
- Serve as Secretary for a term of three (3) years.
General Program Director. The General Program Director shall have the following duties:
- Plan and Direct the Annual Meeting program, including program preparation, printing, and delivery to attendees;
- Require each Affiliate to prepare and submit its program in such form and as such time as designated by the General Program Director
- Submit a report to the Executive Committee, Council, and Business Meeting of the Membership.
- Have such other powers and duties as may be prescribed by the Councilor these Bylaws; and,
- Serve as General Program Director for a term of three (3) years.